Census Day is Sunday 21 March – but you can fill yours in as soon as you get your access code in the post.
Information you will need
Your answers should be about the people who usually live in your household on this date – even if you’re filling it before then.
If your household circumstances change on Census Day, you can let the Office for National Statistics know.
The aim is to make it easy for everyone to take part in Census 2021. But if you need help, the Census Team have got it covered. Here is the information you will need to complete the census questionnaire:
● Your full address (including postcode)
● What type of accommodation you have (house, flat, detached, etc )
● Basic details of your accommodation (number of bedrooms, type of heating, etc)
● Who owns your accommodation
● Where you lived one year ago (if different to now)
● Any other homes owned by members of your household
You and your household members:
(This includes any overnight visitors to your house on 21st March 2021)
● Full name, date of birth, country of birth, sex and main language(s) spoken
● Gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national identity, ethnicity and religion
● General state of health, including mental health
● Details of employment, self-employment or unemployment
○ Inc the name and address of employer(s)
○ Whether you travel to a workplace or work from home
○ If travelling to a workplace, which method of travel is used?
● Is anyone a student in full-time education?
● Details of how many vehicles are owned or used
● Confirmation of passports held and the issuing country
● Details of anyone providing care for the elderly or long-term sick
● Details of any qualifications held
● Has anyone previously served in the UK Armed Forces
Help is available
● Website, webchat and guidance documents via www.census.gov.uk
● Free phone – 0800 141 2021 (England) / 0800 169 2021 (Wales)
● Free Language Helpline – 0800 587 2021 (to make an appointment)
● Census Support Centres – to find your nearest centre, call free on 0800 141 2021