What we do

What does Penzance Council do?

What does Penzance Council do? It can seem very complicated knowing who you need to contact for services when you have two different councils working in your area. Take a look at the information on this page to see who you need to contact for local services.

Who to contact for local services:

Penzance Council

Penzance Council Logo

Penzance Council, Penlee Centre, Penlee Park, Penzance, TR18 4HE

Tel: 01736 363405

Email: [email protected]

Cornwall Council

Cornwall Council Logo
  • Benefits
  • Births, Weddings, Deaths and Funerals
  • Business, Trading and Licences
  • Car Parks (not Wellfields Car Park)
  • Cemeteries (including Penzance)
  • Council Tax
  • Environmental Health/Protection
  • Fly tipping
  • Food Safety
  • Graffiti removal
  • Gwavas Playing Field
  • Health & Social Care
  • Housing
  • Libraries
  • Mann’s Field, Wherrytown
  • Morrab Gardens (including the war memorial)
  • Mounts Bay Coast Path
  • Newlyn Green (including Bolitho Gardens and the Play Park)
  • Penzance Bus Station
  • Penzance Harbour
  • Penzance Promenade (including the flagpoles)
  • Planning Applications & Enforcement
  • Princess May Recreation Ground
  • Roads & Parking:
    • Abandoned vehicles
    • Flooding
    • Footpaths
    • Hedges and verges
    • Potholes
    • Road closures
    • Road maintenance & repairs
    • Street cleaning
    • Street lighting
  • Rubbish, Recycling and Waste
  • St Anthony Gardens
  • St John’s Hall
  • Wherrytown Boating Lake

Cornwall Council, County Hall, Truro, TR1 3AY

Tel: 0300 1234 100

Online: Contact us online – Cornwall Council

How to report Non-Urgent Crime & Anti-Social Behaviour

Non-Urgent Crime

Use the non-urgent online crime reporting service at:


Ring 101 or text/SMS 67101

Minicom/Textphone 18001 101

Email: [email protected]

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB)

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) incidents should be reported to Devon and Cornwall Police by calling 101 or online: Report antisocial behaviour | Devon & Cornwall Police (devon-cornwall.police.uk)

Rough Sleeping

If you see someone sleeping rough:

you can help by creating an alert online: StreetLink – Connecting people sleeping rough to local services (thestreetlink.org.uk)

Our Partners & Who We Support