A free workshop for farmers to provide more information on the government’s changes to funding
Business Information Point are running a free workshop for farmers to provide more information on the government’s changes to funding.
What’s it all about?
Between 2021 and 2027, the government will reduce and then stop Direct Payments. Instead, farmers will be supported to improve the environment, improve animal health and welfare, and reduce carbon emissions. This is the biggest change in farm support for generations and all farmers need to think how they will adapt.
The Future Farming Resilience Fund has been funded by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) to allow Business Information Point to support farmers and land managers with this transition. The support is free and available from October 2022 to any farmer or land manager currently in receipt of BPS payments.
Topics covered in the workshop:
- Timelines and reductions in the Basic Payment Scheme
- Outline of the Environmental Land Management Schemes
- The introduction of the Sustainable Farming Incentive Scheme (SFI) 2021/2022
- How the SFI links with the Environmental Land Management Scheme (ELMs)2024
- Options to improve productivity and increase profits as the BPS payments reduce
- Business diversification strategies
Where & when?
The free workshop will take place on Friday 15th September from 10am – 1pm at Gulval Vilage Hall.
The event is free but you do need to book in advance:
Please note: this is not a Penzance Council event. If you require further information please contact Business Information Point directly – Email: [email protected] or Call: 01837 659 059