Penzance Council stands in solidarity with Ukraine. Our thoughts are with the Ukrainian people affected by the conflict.
What we are doing to help:
In response, to the crisis, it was unanimously agreed at Full Council on 7 March 2022 that:
- A Ukrainian flag be flown from St Johns Hall (as soon as one can be sourced) in accordance with the permission granted by Cornwall Council.
- Penzance Council supports the collection of essential items taking place on 8 March 2022 at the Penlee Coach House (in Penlee Park), which may happen again, and also supports:-
- The continued use of the Coach House as needed
- The use of Penzance Council’s publicity channels
- The purchase of packing materials to an upper limit of £500
- The purchase of refreshments for volunteers
- The purchase of vehicle hire to transport donations to a central distribution point to an upper limit of £400
- The costs associated with the above be met from the Mayor’s Fund.
What you can do to help:
The Council is not collecting donations directly, but if you would like to donate to help people in Ukraine, there are lots of organisations that are raising emergency funds:
- Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal
- British Red Cross
- Help Ukraine Emergency Appeal
- Voices of Children
- Save the Children
- Revived Soldiers Ukraine