Following meetings with key partners, we are pleased to confirm the Remembrance Sunday Parade and Service will be taking place on Sunday 14th November.
The service will take place outdoors at the War Memorial at Battery Rocks and will be led by Rev Howard Peskett and Wella Morris. This year’s service will also see the inclusion of the Cornish language for the first time.
Key timings on the day:
10:00am – The Civic Parade will form-up in the forecourt of St John’s Hall
10:40am – Remembrance Service & wreath laying (during the wreath laying Penzance Silver Band will play a selection of hymns)
A rolling road closure will be in place from 10:15am – 11:15am including:
- Alverton Street
- The Greenmarket
- Market Place
- Chapel Street
- Under Chapel Yard
- Battery Road (from the junction of Under Chapel Yard to the War Memorial)
Two-minute silence on 11th November:
On Thursday 11th November there will be a two-minute silence in the Memorial Garden of Penlee Park at 11am which the public are very welcome to attend.
We would like to thank the Royal British Legion Penzance Branch, Penzance Silver Band, and all the local organisations taking part this year to honour and remember the fallen.
- Follow guidance on how to stay safe and prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), including washing or sanitising your hands frequently (for example, after touching surfaces like handrails).
- Consider wearing face coverings in crowded and enclosed areas where you will come into contact with people you do not usually meet.
- Use the NHS COVID-19 app to help NHS Test and Trace stop the spread of the virus.
- Adhere to any relevant COVID-19 safety measures in place at the event, including observing directions given by stewards.
We Will Remember Them